November tasks for high school seniors
By Beth Ziehmer
November 01, 2023
During your senior year, you will finalize your college choice. Throughout your senior year, continue to build your resume by achieving academic success, as well as participating in extracurricular activities. Colleges are interested in well-rounded students.
Below are the tasks you should complete during the month of November:
- Complete admissions applications by their deadlines.
- If you have not already done so, attend college planning and/or financial aid information nights and college fairs, in person or virtual.
- If necessary, register to retake the SAT and/or ACT.
- Set up your FSA ID at StudentAid.gov if you haven't already, so you are ready for the 2024-25 FAFSA.
- Research and download financial aid forms and applications. Double check the deadlines for submission.
- Complete applications for every scholarship for which you may be eligible and use the Mapping Your Future Scholarship Tracking Sheet to keep track of scholarships for which you are applying and those you have been awarded.
- Follow up to ensure your employers, teachers, and guidance counselors send letters of recommendation.
- Stay focused on maintaining and increasing your GPA.