Repay your Nursing Student Loan
- After you stop attending school at least half time, your grace period begins.
- Your initial grace period is nine months.
- If you re-enroll as a nursing student during this grace period and are approved for an in-school deferment, you get another 9-month grace period the next time you stop attending school.
- If you re-enroll after your initial grace period has ended, you are not eligible for another grace period.
- Repayment begins after the grace period ends.
- The maximum repayment period is 10 years.
- Regular payments are expected, usually each month, though your school might use a quarterly billing cycle.
- The minimum monthly payment is $40, but may be higher depending on your balance.
- You may prepay your loan at any time without penalty. Prepayment may substantially reduce your interest costs.
If you ever have difficulty repaying your loan, contact your school or its servicer immediately, as you may have options.